REJUVENATE YOUR VISION
Cataract Removal Surgery
Once you have decided that cataract removal surgery is the right option for you, our office staff will schedule the date for your outpatient surgery. The process for removing a cataract involves the following steps:
- Dr. Harris will create a small incision in the eye, on the side of the cornea – just large enough to pass small surgical instruments through.
- Once the incision has been made, Dr. Harris will gently peel off the front layer of the lens – allowing access to the inner areas of the lens, where the cataract has formed.
- Using a surgical tool, Dr. Harris will break up the cataract into smaller segments and will vacuum these smaller fragments out of the remaining good lens.
- Once all fragments of the cataract has been removed, a replacement lens will be inserted into the capsular bag where the natural lens used to be. In most cases, this is an intraocular lens, which is foldable and slips in through the tiny incision.
- Because the incision is so small, it is often water-tight and does not require any sutures – particularly if a foldable lens has been used.
Content courtesy of Eyemaginations’ Cataract Surgery demonstration.
At Cataract Consultants, our goal is to rejuvenate your vision using the most appropriate method of treatment for your individual needs. While the most obvious benefit of cataract removal surgery options we offer is improved vision, for most patients, the most notable benefit is the improved quality of life that follows the surgery. Many patients are once again able to do the things they loved before cataracts impaired their vision.
Summer is quickly approaching, and while summer means beautiful weather and beach days, it also means dangerous UV rays. Ultraviolet radiation from the sun can cause cumulative damage to your eyes as you age, but you can protect your vision by wearing sunglasses every...
Before having any kind of procedure, it is a good idea to gain a sufficient understanding of the process. This will ensure that you and your surgeon are on the same page, eliminating any potential doubts or questions. Although the thought of cataract surgery can be...
If cloudy vision from cataracts is making your daily activities more complicated, it's time to consider having cataract surgery. Choosing the right eye surgeon is the most critical step you will take during your surgery journey. And the right surgeon can make the...